Friday, August 13, 2010

Dinner tonight*

 













Tonight for dinner I will be cooking pork steaks, mac n cheese, cornbread, and brussel sprouts. I'm going to wash it down with an ice cold Cherry Pepsi. Yuuummm! With pork steaks I usually rinse them, season them, and put them in a shallow pan adding just a little water to cover the bottom of the pan. Then I put them in the oven on 250. I let them slowly cook for about an hour and a half.
   Meanwhile, I prepare my boxed Velveeta mac n cheese, season and boil my brussel sprouts slowly, and whip up my Jiffy cornbread mix. I never follow directions with my Jiffy Mix! I eyeball how much 2% milk according to how many boxes i make (usually 2) (leaving the mixture thick for the rest of the ingredients I'm going to add), then i add 2 large eggs, about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of melted Country Crock butter. Mix this up with a hand held mixer. Add more milk little by little if the mixture is still too thick. Grease your pan with vegetable oil or olive oil, (olive oil may be substituted for the vegetable oil above. Make sure you have a large enough pan so that your mixture does not go over half way full! Your cornbread WILL rise higher when you make it my way! Bake it at 350 until it is slightly golden brown on the top. Take your cornbread out when you see that it is firm enough to spread butter on the top of it. Spread butter on it and lightly sprinkle sugar across the butter. Put it back in the oven for about 4mins. Then take it out and spread more butter over the sugar. The sugar will melt and caramelize, this is delicious! Put it back in the oven for a few more min's (sugar should now melt, if it hasn't already). You'll know it's done when it slightly begins to crack on the top. If you don't like sweet cornbread, skip all of the sugar parts. Good luck and enjoy the fluffiest, most scrumptious cornbread you will ever have!

  Thank you for reading. Ttyl*


                                                                                    Sincrely,
                                                                                Ms. Shartina

No comments:

Post a Comment